Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Weins Canada Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Our staff will ensure that the principles of the Accessibility Standard are adhered at all times:
- Dignity: We will provide services in a manner that maintains self-respect to our customers at all times
- Independence: We will allow persons to do things on their own
- Integration: Persons with disabilities will benefit from the same services as others
- Equal Opportunity: All persons shall be treated in an equal manner
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are permitted in all areas of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. The support person will not be charged ay access fees.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities for automotive sales, service or collision repair at any location, Weins Canada Inc. will notify customers promptly.
This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
This notice will be placed at or near the disrupted service or facility.
Training for Staff
Weins Canada Inc. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or third parties on their behalf.
All individuals in our organization will be trained, with particular focus on staff who interact with customers on a daily basis.
This training will be provided within 12 months of hire and will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Weins Canada Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use the elevators that may be available at certain locations to assist in providing goods and services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Weins Canada Inc.’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our Accessible Customer Service Policy.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Weins Canada Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact the Customer Retention Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the customer comment cards or suggestion forms.
All feedback will be directed to the relevant General Manager. In most circumstances, a response will be provided within 14 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications (to this or other policies)
Any policy of Weins Canada Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Multi-year Accessibility Plan
The Weins Canada AODA Integrated Accessibility Standard Multi-year Plan can be found here